FB Hall and Co Ltd Health and Safety Policy
F.B. Hall & Co Ltd is committed to provide all employees with a safe and healthy working environment. This Policy also applies to a Contractor While undertaking duties on and behalf of F B Hall & Co Ltd (“The Company”).
To meet this commitment the Company will:
- Provide and ensure that all staff are suitability trained and provided with adequate information and Equipment to ensure safe methods of work.
- When necessary obtain expert advice and guidance to meet this commitment.
- Observe and carry out occupational Safety and Health legislative requirements.
- A copy of F B Hall & Co Ltd.’s Safety plan is available for viewing on request.
Supervisors will be held responsible for Safety in their areas of supervision in the same way that they are responsible for Quality and Efficiency with safety taking precedence.
Employees need to be aware of their responsibilities and comply with the company health and safety policy.
Each employee is encouraged to play a vital and responsible role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through:
- Being involved in the workplace health and safety system.
- Sticking to correct procedures and equipment.
- Wearing protective clothing and equipment as and when required.
- Reporting any pain or discomfort as soon as possible.
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported.
- Helping new employees, trainees and visitors to the workplace understand the right safety procedures and why they exist.
- Reporting to your Manager immediately of any health and safety concerns.
- Keeping the workplace tidy to minimize the risk of any trips and falls.
The safety supervisor has the authority to instruct work to be stopped and take the necessary corrective action required to rectify and safety related problem.
In the event of a fire, earth quake or catastrophe of any kind, all staff are to assemble in the car park in front of the office adjacent to 50 Greenwood Street.
The Foreman or Supervisor will isolate the Power and Gas and Phone the Fire Department. A check will be done to ensure all staff are clear.
This safety policy is subject to review and amendment. Review Date 27th April 2015.