Maintenance for domestic, commercial, and industrial purposes.
F.B. Hall & Co. Ltd's maintenance team are able to carry out all your plumbing needs from tap washers to kitchen and bathroom renovations offering a prompt efficient service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are more than happy to answer questions about plumbing issues that you have and to sort through any plumbing problems.
Hot Water Systems
When it comes to hot water, we all want the best pressure and supply we can get, in the most economical way of delivery. There are many ways to achieve this and a lot to be considered before and upgrade. A very basic list of hot water systems is:
- Low pressure Electric Hot Water Cylinder, exhaust pipe through the roof - most common for houses older than 1990s and all Wetback installations.
- Low pressure Electric Hot Water Cylinder, valve vented, exhaust pipe through the roof with a valve on it or valve in the cupboard with a drain through the floor - most common upgrade for shower performance in houses older than 1990s.
- Mains Pressure Electric Internal: very simple and reliable, common from 1990s, and common upgrade to low pressure.
- Mains Pressure Gas Internal or External: common from 1980s on; some are reaching the end of their life span.
- Instantaneous external: Infinity or similar, common from late-1990s, becoming a very common upgrade to low pressure.
- Mains Pressure Internal Electric with Indirect Loop, Silver Bullet or Greenglo etc; allows Mains Pressure and a Wetback Loop, very effective with a good wood burner.
- Heat Pump Mains pressure electric: very efficient.
- Solar Hot water Systems: generally mains pressure electric back-up.
- Combi gas boilers: very common in Europe to cover space and hot water heating in one unit.
The ranges and options available are nearly endless. Call us for advice on the best option to suit your application.